1. 4.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Has it Already Been TEN Years?

Ten years ago today, The Great One played his last game. I'm not ashamed to say that I watched the whole game with a lump in my throat and, in the end, with tears in my eyes. Take a few minutes to relive and remember; you won't regret it:


Wayne Gretzky was, without question, the greatest talent I've ever seen on the ice. He's the reason 1st overall picks in the draft inevitably inspire the question, "Is (insert name) The NEXT One?" The truth is, while we're fortunate to have some great talents in the game today - Ovechkin, Malkin and Crosby lead the way - I don't know that we'll ever see someone put up the numbers that Wayne Gretzky did. I could sit here and type up the highlights, but I think you should see for yourself here.

Thanks for the memories, Wayne.

Take me back to On Goal Analysis

No comments: