1. 4.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Day Two Wrap-up

The Caps kicked it up a notch in the 3rd period, and the tired Blackhawks simply couldn't keep up. Final score: WSH 4, CHI 2. Two goals for Ovechkin equals Much Rejoicing in D.C. I have to say that Ovie has the hardest WRIST shot I think I've ever seen.

After the game, we hopped back into our rental car and began our trek back to the Big Apple. We reached our hotel approximately one ETERNITY later, at almost four in the morning. The most notable part of the drive (aside from its' length) was crossing the Verrazano Narrows bridge and rolling up the Brooklyn-Queens Expy. If you've ever wondered what it's like to drive on a freeway that was built as an afterthought, shoehorned in amongst existing buildings, streets, rail lines, etc., then I highly recommend this narrow, twisting, turning, nightmarish masterpiece. I'm just glad that I drove it at about 3:30 in the a.m., so that I had the road almost to myself!

So ended Day Two. Next time: Day Three - a day of sightseeing around NYC.

No comments: