This weekend, the Frozen Pill's brother (Brother Pill?) hosts the OGA Team for the 1st Annual OGA Conference in a Flagship Suite at the Hangar in Big D.
Since Big Tex covers the Blackhawks and I report on the Stars, the two of us will be dueling it out with some live blogging from the game while The Colonel dutifully referees the shenanigans.
- Both teams are dealing with recent injuries to key players. Chicago is without Patrick Sharp (leads the team in goals scored with 23) who was injured in last Saturday's bout with Dallas (lower body injury). The Stars, in turn, lost an important piece of their puzzle when Brad Richards (2nd in points) had to leave this week's game against Columbus with a broken wrist in the 2nd period and will miss 6-8 weeks.
- Dallas and Chicago have faced off 3 times this season and the 'Hawks of won all 3 games. However, for this their 4th and final meeting of the regular season, the Blackhawks come into Dallas where the Stars are 7-1 in their last 8 contests on home ice. The one loss was a 1-0 shutout loss to Phoenix on 11 FEB. Yes, hockey fans, this one, although an early start at 1PM CST will feel and will be played like a playoff game.
- In the previous 3 match-ups between these teams this season, Chicago has outscored Dallas 17-7.
- The 'Hawks are finishing up a 4-game road trip, having won the first 3 games. Dallas, one of the best NHL teams in afternoon tilts, will need to feed off the energy of the home crowd as well as their home-winning ways to hopefully take an early lead against a road-weary Chicago team for their best chance of success.
- As noticed by the OGA Stats Monster (and reported in the G50R Game Report), The Stars, in the previous 3 seasons since the Lockout, won 67.3% of Saturday games. However, in the 08-09 campaign, they have only won 4 and lost 11 (!) games on Saturdays. Today's game will be a true test of fortitude for two playoff-worthy contenders, fighting for positioning in the west. Again, the OGA team will be in attendance with some live blogging and reporting from the game. Stay tuned to The OGA Blog for some fun updates.
Also, OGA will be joining The Program's Chris and Rick for their excellent 'Fantasy Hockey Hour' talk show on BlogTalkRadio this Sunday. See this link for details and check back on The OGA Blog for more info as well later today!
Take me to www.On Goal Analysis.com